Top Tips to get deep dirt out of your carpets
Your carpet does not need regular cleaning, but you can clean it on weekly basis. The question arises to think is there any dust left after vacuuming? Yes, some of the dust particles remain in the carpet even after regular vacuuming. For this, you need to hire a professional to steam clean your carpet every 12 to 24 months to remove all the hidden dust particles. In other words, vacuuming or steam cleaning by yourself is not enough to remove the dirt. Professional cleaning is the way you can protect your carpet and your health too.
Here are some of the tips you can follow to fight the hidden dust in your carpet.
- Call a professional carpet cleaning service more often than you think your carpet needs cleaning. The average call time for professional is after 12 months, but you can also call him after 6 months if you have children and pets in your home. You should not try to steam the carpet by yourself, steam cleaning lifts the dust particles from deep and if some dust particles left it will damage your carpet. Professionals have those advance equipment to remove the deeply hidden dust. Stanley steemers is one of the largest organizations for cleaning carpets in the United States. There are many carpet shampooers that available for purchase today. However calling a professional will most likely get the most dirt out of the carpets.
- Once you get steam cleaned your carpets, vacuum twice a week to get rid of daily dust. Do not allow the dust to go deep and stay there. Experts recommend the frequent vacuuming depends on the amount of debris you noticed.
- If you have area rugs in your house, don’t clean them in the room. Take them out and shake them to remove the dust. Use a broom to clean them, it needs frequent cleaning than carpets. If you clean the area rugs inside the room, all the dust leaving the area rugs will start hiding in the carpets. You can also steam clean your area rugs when you are hiring a professional for carpet cleaning.
- Most of the homeowners, vacuum quickly. A secret of removing more dust is to vacuum slowly and try to vacuum in both directions. Slow vacuuming will vibrate the carpet fibers and gain as much dust as it can.
- Don’t wait for the spills to dry and then clean it, immediately remove the spots. If you leave the spills, it will go deep in the carpet fibers and will become difficult to clean. Rubbing the spills will help it go deep. Don’t rub the spots and take an immediate action to clean them. This is a good time to either have a shampooer on hand to help take out the spot or rent one right away to get the spot out. Again if you have a very busy life style it may be better to call a professional to assist with this problem.
- If you want your carpet not to attract dust, pick a carpet with low pile. This means choosing a carpet with short fibers. Pick a carpet that doesn’t seem to be a dust magnet.
- The regular cleaning will help to increase the lifespan of your carpet. If you keep it clean, you can keep it forever.
- Lastly, one of the best ways to make your carpet last longer is to purchase a quality carpet. The fibers of quality carpets normally use better materials. Sometimes the lessor expensive carpets feel softer, but they tend to mat down much faster and do not bounce back like the carpets that cost a little bit more.
Vacuuming can leave some dust behind and deep in the carpet fibers. But if you follow these tips, you can easily get rid of those hidden dust particles.